What does the world in 2030 look like? Machines are getting smarter. Some of them will work for you, sometimes you’ll work for them - or even with them. More and more, you’ll work side by side to get things done.
Which skills do young people need to master to create human-machine collaboration? Do you have ideas about that? And do you want to inspire or teach others? Than this activity is for you!
The skill zone Befriend the machines cannot be taught through traditional means. If you want tot grow this skill zone, you have to explore the digital resources on your own, which emphasizes the real-world applications of this vital skill. For example, an online learner must use online tools to solve a common problem, or when someone wants to understand a specific digital assistant it is recommended to start using the assistant and learn where it works well and what the assistant is not useful for. And quite often people need others to support them in understanding the new world that is openening up. Some people are asking friends or colleagues to explain or show them how to act. Others find social media groups where they find support.
Collaborate to design and share original art, music, games, and stories that will support young people to imagine the future. Your art, music, game or story will be published at the Cities of Learning Platform so other young people can use your resource. Learn and at the same time raise young people’s awareness about human-machine collaboration. Everyone who has interest in the theme 'Befriend with the machines' can join, by trying out the awareness activities that other people created, or by developing a learning activity by yourself to educate other people.
Goals of this awareness campaign
- Become aware of the changing world, especially the influence of technology, such as automation, robotization, and VR/AR on future work.
- Become aware of the opportunities and threats of all these technological developments.
- Gain insight about future opportunities and important skills for future work.
Create your own Befriend with the machines awareness campaign for young people.
1. Think about something that really inspires you or a specific skill that you have. How can you support others to develop that skill or knowledge too? It can be anything, from teaching how to use VR to showing a video about a tech workspace so other people can understand which machines are supporting humans and where human-machine collaboration is used.
2. Who is your target group? How would they like to learn? Create your activity in the way that your target group would like to learn.
4. Publish your learning activity at one of the online Cities of Learning platforms at https://www.citiesoflearning.eu in the language that you wish. Languages can be changed at the bottom of the platforms.
5. Share your City of Learning activity at social media and start growing awareness for the Befriend with the machines skill zone.
When you want some support, feel free to connect with one of the organisations that are organising this campaign. Or connect with Cities of Learning via the question button at the platfrom.